We’ve gotten some messages asking for links to the best SubLab tutorials on YouTube – so here we go 🤠
Ave Mcree | Rundown & tips
Ave gives a great overall rundown of SubLab sprinkled with tips and tricks all the way through.
He ends his video with a request – to add in an export feature so that you can easily export your custom 808s. Update: it’s here! Our recent SubLab updates have added that feature. Learn more about the new SubLab features here.
Speaking of which, DJ Ave Mcree has dropped the first ever pack of presets and one-shots for SubLab which are inspired by Pierre Bourne. Check his pack out here. Our official SubLab expansion packs are available in our online shop as well.
Sean Divine | Distorted Sub
In this video, Sean Divine designs a super distorted 808 from scratch in a couple of minutes.
Featured in this video:
- kick sample with a hi-pass
- sine wave in the synth engine
- run the synth through dark drive distortion and crank the distortion all the way up
- dialing in harmonics with X-Sub
MG the Future | Overview & type beats
MG the Future goes over all the features of SubLab, how to use different features to create type beats and his sound design workflow as he makes a Dababy type beat.
In this video MG gives an in-depth explanation of:
- how ADSR works in the SubLab synth engine
- how to use the compressor and side chain
I’m A Music Mogul | Recreating Spinz808 from scratch
Adam shows us how to create one of the most iconic 808 sounds 👏 ever 👏 from scratch in SubLab.
- triangle wave in the synth engine
- long release time
- the synth engine fed through the distortion
- tube distortion with the drive pulled down
- factory TR-808 sample
- X-Sub harmonics to fatten out the sound
Mr. Different | Overview
Mr. Different knows SubLab in and out. Check out his video for an overview of all the features, demonstrating how they work and what they sound like.
Ave Mcree | Making $uicide Boy$/UK Drill 808s
In this video, Ave shows us how to create 808s in the UK Drill / $uicide Boy$ style from scratch.
It’s gritty and it glides ✅
Here’s what Ave does to create the sound:
- select sin wave in the synth engine
- adjust ADSR envelopes in synth engine for volume and pitch
- adjust filter to 100 Hz and 80% resonance
- bring in x-sub engine
- use overdrive distortion with the tone and drive cranked up
- hi-cut and lo-cut the distortion
- add stereo widening
- set glide to 1/4 and set curve to 0%
NINJA | Como fazer seu propio 808
This one’s for all the Portuguese speaking 808 heads out there! Ninja demonstrates how to create your own 808 from scratch using SubLab.
Muito bom obrigado 👌
Ave Mcree | Installing SubLab Packs
Ave put together a quick vid showing how you install new SubLab Packs.
Sooo if you picked up one of our SubLab Packs, check it out!
Ave also has his own SubLab expansion packs available on his site.
So that’s it – our favorite SubLab tutorials on YouTube right now!
We’re adding more tutorials as they come 🤠
If there are tutorials you’d like to see or techniques you want us to show you in SubLab drop a comment below 👇